Join a talented team within an established Tasmanian charity, an Employer of Choice offering salary packaging and 4 weeks leave with additional leave between Christmas and New Year. This role is a 0.6 FTE (3 days a week), mix of home and office working offered, remunerated at SCHADS level 5.
The Drug Education Network (DEN) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to reducing harms from alcohol and other drugs for the Tasmanian community through education and leadership. DEN neither condones nor condemns the use of drugs. Rather, we acknowledge that drug use exists irrespective of legal status or societal norms.
We are looking for a Finance and Payroll Administrator with the ability to track and manage multiple concurrent tasks with competing priorities, with high-level interpersonal/soft communication skills as well as high-level written skills.
You will be able to demonstrate a successful and professional approach to self-directed time-management and use your initiative to prioritise tasks and work effectively under pressure.
You will have a passion for detail and excellence, be adaptable, enthusiastic and care about delivering the best outcomes for the organisation.
You will utilise your finance and payroll skills to support your colleagues, ensuring that the organisation is able to deliver top quality evidence-based alcohol, tobacco and other drug health promotion information, resources and education.
DEN is a state-wide alcohol, tobacco and other drug health promotion organisation, but this role is based in Brisbane Street, Hobart.
WE ARE SEEKING A NEW TEAM MEMBER WHO HAS:
- A demonstrated ability to organise own work schedule, set priorities, track and manage multiple concurrent tasks and work with limited supervision as a collaborative member of a small team.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of people across a diverse number of settings and the ability to professionally represent the DEN service.
- A Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of and the ability to independently operate Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- A calm, positive, problem-solving attitude, and who displays initiative, critical and reflective thinking skills.
This position is Part-time, 0.6 FTE subject to funding. The Drug Education Network also offers on the job training and orientation and flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. Use your skills and experience to contribute to a growing organisation, a great team environment and a positive workplace culture.
If you are a person who has lived experience, we strongly encourage you to apply for the role.
Questions about the role? Please contact Emily on 1300 369 319.
Statement of Duties
The statement of duties, including requirements and selection criteria, is available to view here:
Finance and Payroll Administrator Statement of Duties
Please submit your CV with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria by no later than 11:59pm, Wednesday 10th of May, 2023.
Applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.